Oh, The Weather Outside Is Frightful..

Who would have thought that it would be freezing cold, and raining with a possibility of SNOW here in Texas around the Holiday Season? Now, that's just pure luck! I've lived here in Texas my whole life, minus a year or two, and it's snowed 3 times. Well, I'm lying. One of those times it was just big, boulder chunks of ice...but in Texas, that can suffice for snow. Anyway, the weather is frightful outside...people in Texas don't know how to drive in Snow! I'll turn on the news tonight, and there will be car wreck after car wreck. No bueno.

On our Houston news, there will probably be stories of break-in's again tonight. What is wrong with people around this time of year? I just don't get it. The other day, my best friend (who is 5 months pregnant) left her home with her 2 year old son to go to a doctor's appointment, and while she was gone, her front door to her home was kicked in, and thieves stole all kinds of things from them. Oh, and I forgot to mention that my best friend's husband is a Marine and just got back from Afghanistan in June. Do people not realize that when you break into someone's home and take their belongings, you take much more than that? You take their sense of peace and security. To know that my 2 year old god son stood in the living room of his home and cried and said "bad guy" and pointed to the missing television...makes me so sad.


Well, Jonathan and I finally got the Christmas lights up! Apparently either hanging Christmas lights, or Thanksgiving makes me sick, because by last Sunday, I was laid up in bed until yesterday. I had strep throat, the flu...and anything else that could cling on to me. I felt horrible, but I'm starting to feel back to normal now...but I'm sure as soon as I step outside today, my throat will swell up and order me back to bed.


I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and survived Black Friday. I skipped out on the shopping in the stores and did most of it online. So much easier than fighting the crowds!




Here are some pics of our lights and tree I thought I'd share:




3 comments:

Tara S. said...
December 11, 2009 at 1:28 PM

Candy does grow on trees. ;-) Very pretty.

Brittany said...
December 14, 2009 at 2:55 PM

Super cute decorations!

I'm totally with you about online shopping!
Hot cocoa, my laptop, and a credit card= bliss! :)

I can't handle large crowds of frustrated, grumpy people. And, I'm not competitive... if you want it bad enough to trample an old man at WalMart, just take the darn thing!

BTW, the snow did not stick here. Boo.

Angel.Pie.5 said...
December 24, 2009 at 7:08 PM

Cute!! I love the star lights lining the walkway!!♥

Back to Home Back to Top Jennifer's VOICE!. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.