Happy Captureversary!

Today is the one week captureversary (i made that word up) ... or rather the one week anniversary of the capture of Dennis Earl Bradford. What a week it's been! After the capture last Tuesday, and doing nothing but being confined to my house answering phone calls and e-mails for days, I finally got out of the house Friday to wash my car and run some errands, and then decided I needed to get away for the weekend. I drove to San Antonio by myself to clear my head, and visit my best friend and godson. I love San Antonio and I'd love to live there one day. My grandpa and grandma used to take me just about every month as a child, and I have so many memories there..and the atmosphere is just one that I can embrace and love. Anyway, this past weekend was my best friend's 27th birthday, so we had a great time while I was visiting! I honestly don't know what I'd do without her. We've been best friends for about 12 years now, and when we're together we can be goofy and not have a care in the world, and I love to play with my little godson, Bryce. I drove back home Monday, and literally 5 minutes after I walked in the door, as I was unloading my belongings from the car, the home phone rang. At that point, I wanted to throw my suitcase back in the car and get back on the road!

Every night for the past week I've tried to read through all of the thousands of e-mails I've received...I feel horrible that there's just no way I'd ever be able to respond to all of them, but I just can't. I hope you all understand, and just this morning I've finished reading through all of the e-mails I've received on my justiceforjennifer website, facebook, and myspace, and letters that have been sent to the Dickinson Police Department. I still have to sit and finish reading all of the guestbook entries on my website, and look forward to that. I am still in disbelief that so many of you have heard my voice, and have been inspired to use yours! Your stories have touched my heart, and I've found myself crying reading so many of the e-mails I've received. Those of you that have sent me messages congratulating me and encouraging me, Thank you! I know that this is really only the beginning of another chapter in my life. See, what some people don't understand is that I will never let this go...I will never completely "move on" ...even after the trial. I plan to dedicate my life in helping others, and be involved in law enforcement in one way or another. I am going back to school in the Spring to finish off my degree, and then want to also start a foundation to help other victims of violent crime and encourage them to use their voices in becoming victorious, and get the justice they deserve. I don't know how long it will take to accomplish my new goals, but I guarantee you, I won't ever stop.

In Victory,
Jennifer <3

5 comments:

Diane Shiffer said...
October 21, 2009 at 10:36 AM

Praying for you honey... that you would continue to have courage and strength through this whole process. And that your joy would overflow♥
Blessings to you, my dear!

Brittany said...
October 21, 2009 at 2:10 PM

I love your new word!

San Antonio is the best. So fun!
I'm glad you were able to get away and relax. I can't even imagine the emotions and stress that this week has brought.

The way you live your life is inspiring. You are a living testimony.

Anonymous said...
October 24, 2009 at 9:25 AM

I believe you. I will support your foundation and all you do to help other victims. You are an inspiration to so many! Thank you:)

I can imagine the desire to put your suitcase back in car and hit the road! Vacations are too, too short. I guess that's what makes them so special, huh?
Take much care!!!

Surge said...
October 24, 2009 at 1:37 PM

You're really strong!
Hope your having fun with whatever you're doing outside of all this :) You're pretty.

Mike said...
January 30, 2010 at 11:02 PM

Jennifer, i was a Sunday School teacher at the First Baptist Church of Bacliff, i met you fairly recently after your recovery. You sat in the front, i wanted to tell you how sorry i was that such an evil thing could happen, when i was shaking your hand, i froze! I am sorry for missing that opportunity, i wish to this day that i spoke to you, i was about to break down in tears and couldnt. i am not nearly as strong as you. But however, i am proud of you and pray for you to have a very happy and succesful life. God Bless.. Mike B.

Back to Home Back to Top Jennifer's VOICE!. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.